Leading Indian video streaming and multilingual entertainment platform, ZEE5, recently launched the first report from its knowledge series ZEE5 Intelligence Monitor on the Indian EdTech Industry. The report revolves around the latest and emerging trends regarding online education in both metros and non-metros across India.
The ZEE5 Intelligence Monitor study’s focus area included transformative consumer behaviour, attitudes, and aspirations across multiple industries ranging from EdTech to online gaming to e-commerce, presenting an unmatched opportunity to advertisers to access a hyper-enriched predisposed audience cohort across multiple demographics and geographies. Besides, the study reveals some interesting facts regarding parents’ expectations and behaviour surrounding online education and Ed-Tech apps.
In a bid to identify the key growth drivers for the Indian EdTech industry from a marketer’s and an advertiser’s perspective, the report unveils the new-normal with regards to the user or consumer behaviour patterns and a firm progression to the hybrid learning environment.
Key Findings of ZEE5 Intelligence Monitor – Ed-Tech Report
- 50% of parents want to adopt e-learning permanently for their children
- 46% of parents adopted e-learning during lockdown for their kids
- 47% of parents believe that e-learning has amplified their children’s academic progress
- 63% of parents view e-learning as an investment in their child’s future and state that price is no longer the barrier when it comes to choosing online learning
- Around 40% of parents stated Internet connectivity to be the biggest barrier in online learning
- 50% of parents believe e-learning has come of age and will become a permanent part of education
Launching the report, Rajiv Bakshi, Chief Operations Officer – Revenue, ZEE Entertainment Enterprises Ltd, stated: “ZEE5 Intelligence Monitor knowledge series will offer the tenets, roadmap and insights on the most exciting and emerging product categories in India, ranging from Ed-Tech, online gaming to e-commerce and cryptocurrency. The Ed-Tech report is the first in the ZEE5 Intelligence Monitor series and highlights the disruption witnessed in the Indian education sector, fuelled by tech solutions, convenience and a new-age mindset. We are confident that the report would benefit brand custodians and product leaders and provide new information and insights for them to make advertising and business decisions.”