Do you live in a remote area where there is no SBI branch to cater to the financial activities of the local people? Well, if yes, you can open an SBI Customer Service Point (CSP), also known as Grahak Sahayta Kendra, in your area and earn up to 40,000 INR or even more.
Keep reading this article to know how you can make use of this business opportunity.
State Bank of India (SBI), being the largest bank, has its branches operating in every corner of the country. But India is so vast that many villages in remote areas still lack an SBI branch.
Therefore, SBI has its Kiosk banking model known as Customer Service Points (CSPs) to serve the people of these far-flung areas. An authorised person can start an SBI Customer Service Point outlet and provide local consumers with the basic financial services on behalf of SBI.
In return, the person takes home a lucrative salary and good commissions for the services rendered.
Services provided by a SBI Customer Service Point
- CSP is like a mini-bank offering basic financial services to its customers without any hassle of going to a distant SBI branch. As a CSP agent, you will deal with providing these services.
- Opening an account
- Printing of passbook
- Deposit and withdrawal of money
- Money transfer
- Jan Dhan Account
- Atal Pension Yojna
- PM Jeevan Jyoti Yojna
Who can apply/Eligibility Criteria for SBI Customer Service Point
The rules for applying for SBI CSP is so laid down that maximum people can find themselves eligible for it. Below are the criteria for applying for the SBI CSP.
1) You should be of 21 years of age or above
2) You should have passed intermediate (10+2)
3) You should have basic knowledge of computer
4) You should have space for opening the CSP
5) You should have a good local reputation (no criminal background)
6) You should have in possession of these documents:
- Id Proof (Voter Id/Driving License/Passport etc.)
- PAN Card
- ADHAR Card
- Address Proofs for Residential and Shop both
- Shop Agreement
- Character/Police Verification Certificate
- Educational Certificates (10th onwards)
Equipment required to run an SBI Customer Service Point
You will need a few types of equipment to run your CSP, but the bank won’t provide those. You will have to invest from your end to purchase all the equipment, which are as follows:
- Two laptops/computers with internet connectivity
- The laptops/computers should be running Windows 7 operating system or above, and should have at least 4GB RAM and 5GB Hard Disk, and 5 hours of battery backup
- ScannerMoney counting machine
- Two printers (Inkjet+ Dot Matrix) for printed acknowledgement of each transaction
- Bio-metric authentication for secure transactions
If you have the finance, you can buy these types of equipment as brand new or else you can also purchase these second-hand but in good conditions to save some money.
How and where to apply for SBI Customer Service Point
First, you must check whether the area where you want to open an SBI CSP has an SBI branch or a CSP operating from earlier or not. If it has none of it, you can proceed to apply for an SBI CSP provided you satisfy the criteria for it.
Step 1: You need to visit the nearest SBI branch and meet the branch manager there, expressing your desire for opening a CSP in your area.
Step 2: After checking your credentials and eligibility, the branch manager will redirect you to the bank’s Regional Business Office (RBO), where your request will be processed.
Step 3: You can also directly approach the RBO of your area for a CSP. You get information about RBO by clicking at https://bank.sbi/web/home/locator/branch.
Step 4: Besides RBO, the branch manager can also redirect you to a privately operating CSP service provider to help you set up an SBI CSP in your area.
Step 5: You can also check your respective service provider online and fill out an online registration form.
Step 6: The service provider will then forward the submitted application and the required documents to SBI for verification.
Step 7: After validation, you will be notified through mail or SMS with a unique code for your SBI CSP account login.
Step 8: You will get requisite training before your CSP gets operational.
The entire process for the allotment of SBI CSP is quick if you go through the CSP service provider route. However, you have to be careful about any fraud committed on you in terms of unnecessary charges and advances.
You don’t have to pay anything extra except the registration charge before the allotment of CSP.
How much an SBI CSP agent can earn
An SBI Customer Service Point provides you with good earning potential depending on the volume of financial services you handle every month. Apart from a monthly fixed salary from the SBI, you also get good commissions for services such as carrying out banking related transactions, loan consulting, selling pension plans and insurance policies. All in all, you can earn a good amount of money, up to 40,000 INR every month.
If you are looking for a reputable business opportunity with low investment, SBI CSP is the way to go in 2022. It is not only lucrative but also provides you with a rewarding experience; while at the same time exposing you to the country’s largest banking system.