The Life Insurance Corporation of India recently introduced a new plan, called Dhan Rekha, which is a non-linked, non-participating, individual savings life insurance plan. As per the communication sent to media, all the benefits under the LIC Dhan Rekha plan are fully guaranteed.
Following are some important features and points about the plan:
Policy Launch Date: 13 December 2021
Unique features of LIC Dhan Rekha Plan
- There are special premium rates for female lives.
- Plan is allowed to Third Gender as well.
- Minimum Sum Assured allowed: Rs.2 lakhs
- Maximum Sum Assured allowed: No limits
- Minimum age at entry: From 90 days to 8 years as per chosen policy term.
- Maximum age at entry: From 35 years to 55 years depending upon the chosen policy term.
- Plan provides a percentage of the Basic Sum Assured as Survival Benefit at regular intervals starting from end of premium paying term provided policy is in force. Guaranteed Additions shall accrue at the end of each policy year starting from the 6th Policy Year to the end of the Policy Term provided the policy is in force.
- The unique benefit of this plan is that on Maturity, the policyholder receives full Sum Assured without deduction of the Money Back amount received along with accrued Guaranteed Additions. This plan provides financial support for the family in case of unfortunate death of the policyholder during the policy term.
- For Single Premium, Death Sum Assured is125% of Basic Sum Assured plus Guaranteed Additions.
- For Limited payment premium, Death Sum Assured is 125% of Basic Sum Assured or 7 times of Annualalized Premium whichever is higher not less than 105%of all the premium paid up to date of death along with Guaranteed Additions.
- There is a provision to receive Maturity and Death Benefit in instalments over a period of 5 years instead of lumpsum in LIC Dhan Rekha Plan. The premium can be Single Premium or Limited Premium payment terms of 10 years, 15 years and 20 years.
- This plan also takes care of liquidity needs through loan facility. Optional Riders are available under this plan on payment of additional premium subject to conditions.
- The plan is available for purchase offline mode through Agents/Intermediaries including POSPLI/Common Public Service Centres (CPSC-SPV) as well as Online directly through.